Friday, March 2, 2012

Osaka: Annandale, VA

I first went to Osaka in Annandale several months ago. I picked it because it was a Hilton Diner’s dinner member and they were listed. So it’s off of Little River Turnpike. It’s a small building with a charming little feeling. I’ve never been there a peek time, but the more I go the more I like it.

In my first visit with my friend we ordered a variety of rolls. Reggie, Bay, spicy tuna roll which was fried, salmon, etc. They have a minimum purchase order to get soup and salad. Their salad dressing is on the vingerette side, which I’m not fond of, but it’s still tasty. The quality of the fish is superb. The salmon nigiri melted in my mouth.

I was very intrigued by the Reggie roll it was shrimp tempura inside, then salmon and avocado on the top, drizzled with eel sauce, and a spicy mayo sauce. This roll was awesome. Their spicy rolls were also very good. I really liked the spicy tuna roll that was deep fried. This roll is a little heavy so if you don’t like all the sauce and crunchy bites you may want to stay away. But I have to say you’d regret it.

The bay roll is a California roll with a mayo type sauce baked on top. It’s not very good. I think I was expecting more of a roll like Sakura’s Lasanga roll with kani on top. So it was just like mayo on a Cali roll.

Osaka definitely marked itself as a place that I would love to come back too. My friend also agreed. And I have. I’ve made it a little tradition to go to my appointment which is every two weeks in Annandale and go to Osakas.

Osaka in Annandale is no relation to the Osaka in Springfield. I actually went to the Springfield location recently and asked them that. I think there was some sort of relationship previously because they had a lot of the same rolls and such.
Grade : A

I'll post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment